How Search Results Works
What Factors Into The Search Results Rankings?
The goal of the HouseStay search ranking algorithm is to help tenants find the perfect listing for their stay and help hosts find tenants who are a great fit for their property. We look at several different factors for every listing in every search.
The exact list of features we consider is confidential, but here are the basic categories:
Tenant Needs: We look at factors related to the tenants, including where they’re searching from, their previous stays, which filters they have applied, and more.
Listing Score: We consider things like the location of the listing, pricing, length of stay discounts, listing amenities, how quickly the host of the listing responds to requests, and many other factors.
Stay Details: We factor in how many tenants will be staying, how long their stay will be, how far in the future they would like to book if they have set a minimum or a maximum monthly price, and a variety of other factors.
Items That Help Boost Your Listing Score
• Matterport Videos/Verified Home*
• iCal Link Synced (Real-Time Availability) *
• Modern and High-Quality Furnishings*
• High-Resolution Photos*
• Applying Length of Stay Discounts
• Applying Monthly Specific Pricing
• Detailed Property Descriptions That Accurately Describe The Home
• Parking (Free on Site / Additional Paid Spots)
• Washer & Dryer (In Unit)
• Allows Pets
• Listing Has The “Select” Listing Tag
NOTE: The items that have a (*) next to them are required to qualify for the HouseStay “Select” listing tag