Overview Of The Extension Process
Once a booking is confirmed tenants can request an extension for as little as 1 night, 1 month, or 1 year as long as the property is still available.
Tenants are not guaranteed to be able to extend in their unit, as any extension is subject to the availability of the property. Also, if you request an extension the same rate may not apply, as hosts may have monthly specific pricing, length of stay discount, etc. meaning just because you paid one rate for your original booking DOES NOT mean that rate will be applied to your extension.
Overview of The Extension Process
1. Current Tenants Request Extension: Tenants can only send an extension if the property is available.
- Tenants will be able to select their updated move out date, as well as see the total cost and payment breakdown of their extension before they send the extensions request
2. Host Has 24 Hours To Take Action On The Extension Request: Just like for a booking request hosts will have 24 hours to take action on the request before it expires (accept, send a special offer, decline).
3. Tenants Confirm Residents Who Will Be Staying In The Property For The Extension: After the host accepts the extension request, the user who sent the extension request will need to verify the residents who will be staying for the extension. This allows users to remove or add people who will be staying for the extension.
4. All Users Need To Sign-Off On The Extension Agreement: Once all users have signed off on the extension agreement the extension will be confirmed.
5. Extension Is Confirmed: Once the extension is confirmed all users will receive an "Extension Confirmed" email with a copy of the executed extension agreement.